Don't see a video above? Please visit our website for the 2018 State of the Chapter from President John Rush
Members of PMI Metrolina gathered at the NASCAR Hall of Fame for some networking, chats with education partners, food, and Fun!
To apply for any of the open volunteer positions, please visit PMI VRMS
Currently there are no available predetermined positions. If you are still interested in volunteering with the Finance Team, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Currently there are no available predetermined positions. If you are still interested in volunteering with the Marketing Team, please contact email@example.com for more information.
Currently there are no available predetermined positions. If you are still interested in volunteering with the Membership Team, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact email@example.com for more information.
- Director of Educational Services - The position will be responsible for developing relationships with academic partners and negotiating with academic partners to offer chapter certification programs.
- Professional Development Chair - provides a vital support for the Professional Development Department for the purpose of planning and coordinating the Professional Development Day Event.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Programs Chairs for West Lake Norman Community - act as liaison between the community, members and chapter and have primary responsibility for the operation of the assigned community.
- Programs Chairs for Jacksonville Community - act as liaison between the community, members and chapter and have primary responsibility for the operation of the assigned community.
- Programs Chair for Fayetteville Community - act as liaison between the community, members and chapter and have primary responsibility for the operation of the assigned community.
- Programs Director (East) - act as liaison between the community, members and chapter and have primary responsibility for the operation of the assigned communities.
- Programs Director (West) - act as liaison between the community, members and chapter and have primary responsibility for the operation of the assigned communities.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact email@example.com for more information.
- Army Liason Fayetteville Community - responsible for promoting membership benefits of PMI and the chapter to the local members of the military installation or organization.
- PMI Educational Foundation Liason - provides a vital communication and activities link between the PMIEF and PMI Metrolina Chapter members for the purpose of promoting awareness of PMIEF and providing increased value for Chapter Members.
Spring PgMP Review Session 2018
When: March 7, 8, 14,15
Time: 6pm - 8pm
Location: Virtual Conference
Price: Chapter Member Price: $100; Non-Chapter Member Price: $200
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Join the final PgMP Review Session prior to the edition change in June 2018.
Research Participants Needed
Are you a Virtual Project Manager? Have you led a successful virtual project?
If you answered yes to both questions, please consider taking some time to participate in an interview about your virtual project leadership. The information collected from this interview will be used in completion of a doctoral dissertation for a PhD in Project Management. Sharing your experiences enhances the research and knowledge on how leadership impacts virtual project success. Your contributions to this research is much appreciated. Please help a fellow PMI Metrolina member by clicking on or copy/paste the URL below to complete a short 2 minute survey to provide your contact information: https://www.surveymonkey.com/
Veterans Skillfest and O2O Transition Event Coming SOON!
When: April 21, 2018
Location: Cape Fear Hospital - Auditorium
This first ever Military Liaison SkillFest event will feature a host of potential employers and recruiters along with guest speakers. You’ll want to pencil this one in!
On-line registration will be available via the PMI Metrolina web site in the coming weeks.
If you are a veteran and have not self-identified in your PMI account, we encourage you to do so. When you do, you’ll be part of veteran’s email communications that come out to help you know what is going on in the veteran’s community, special opportunities for veterans, and what our Metrolina PMI Chapter is doing to assist veterans in getting connected with and supporting the PM community!
If you are active duty or retired military and interested in supporting this program, reach out to the militaryliaisondirector@
Asheville Community Meeting
February 19, 2018 (6:00 PM to 7:00 PM)
Location: Mission IT Service Tec Facility
Ballantyne Community Meeting
February 6, 2018 (6:00 PM to 7:00 PM)
Marketing Yourself as a Project Manager and Helpful Area Resources
Location: Bank of America Sherrill Building
Cabarrus County Community Meeting
February 15, 2018 (6:00 PM to 7:00 PM)
Project Management & Hope
Location: Captain Steve's Family Seafood Restaurant
Fayetteville Community Meetings
The Value of Program Management
February 13, 2018 (5:30 PM to 7:00 PM)
Location: Memphis BBQ
February 24, 2018 (8:00 AM to 12:00 PM)
Location: Camellia Computer Lab
Hickory Community Meeting
No February Meeting Currently Scheduled
Huntersville Community Meeting
February 26, 2018 (6:00 pm to 7:00 pm)
Surviving the Chaos of Change
Location: D9 Brewing
Jacksonville Community Meeting
No February Meeting Currently Scheduled
Mooresville Community Meeting
February 1, 2018 (6:30 PM to 7:30 PM)
Are you Safe? Project Management in an Age of Massive Transformation
Location: Brooklyn Boys Pizza Restaurant
University Community Meeting
No February Meeting Currently Scheduled
Uptown Charlotte Community Meeting
February 20, 2018 (5:00 PM to 7:30 PM)
The Power of Storytelling to Manage Business Change
Location: Charlotte Mecklenburg Library
West Lake Norman Community Meeting
No February Meeting Currently Scheduled
Wilmington Community Meeting
February 24, 2018 (10:00 AM to 11:00 AM)
Location: New Hanover County Public Library
Below you will find links to upcoming PDU and educational opportunities that are offered by our partners. Many of these partners offer discounts to PMI Metrolina Chapter members and participants. Please visit the Educational Opportunities page on the chapter website for discount codes and offers that might apply to the courses listed below.
Catawba Valley Community College:
To register for any courses, visit www.cvcc.edu or call 828.327.7000 ext. 4294
Coastal Carolina Community College:
To register for any courses, visit www.coastalcarolina.edu or call 910.938.6294.
COMNet Group Inc.:
- PMP/CAPM Exam Prep - In Person - Weekends - February 3, 10, 17, 24
- PMI-ACP Exam Prep - In Person - February 26-28
Central Piedmont Community College:
- Leading the Way In Stakeholder Management - In Person - 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Harris Campus) - February 2
Project Planning and Control - In Person - 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Ballantyne Center) - February 7
- Information Session - In Person - 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM (Harris Campus) - February 15
- Using Microsoft Project for Effective Project Management - In Person - from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Ballantyne Center) - February 15
- Leading the Way In Stakeholder Management - In Person - 6:00 PM – 10:00 PM (Ballantyne Center) - February 19
- Project Planning and Control - In Person - 6:00 PM – 10:00 PM (Harris) - February 21
- Determining Business Requirements - In Person - 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Harris Campus) - February 21
- PMI-PMP Exam Prep - In Person - 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Ballantyne Center) - February 26
Lean Agile Training:
- Certified ScrumMaster Course + Workshop - In Person, Charlotte - February 20-22
- Agile Carolinas Meeting - In Person, Charlotte - February 21
Northeastern University Charlotte:
- Master of Science in Project Management - Hybrid and Online
Project Management Training:
- PMP Boot Camp - In Person, Charlotte - April 9-12
- CAPM Training Course - Online - March 12-14
- PMI-ACP Training - Online - Feb 12-14
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification - Online, 7-hour course, Available Anytime!!
- Lean Six Sigma Orange Belt Certification - Online, 7-hour course, Available Anytime!!
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification - Online, 35-hour course, Available Anytime!!
- Principles of Project Management - February 12 and 13
- Project Management for Business Analysts - February 14 and 15
- Business Process Management and the Balanced Scorecard - February 21 and 22
Wake Forest University:
- Certificate in Project Management - In Person
Western Carolina University:
- Masters of Project Management - Online
Project Management Point-Of-View (PM-POV)
The PMI Washington DC chapter has started a podcast called Project Management Point-Of-View containing 12-13 minute interviews with various executives and thought leaders about their "point-of-view" on a wide range of project management topics.
Each podcast is worth .25 PDUs (Category A) and can be found in one of the following ways:
- Project Management Point-Of-View
- Download it at iTunes by searching under PMIWDC (and subscribe)
Want to be certified?
Virtual PMP Offering
We are currently exploring offering our PMP class virtually to those located too far from Charlotte to participate locally. If you would be interested in taking the class using this option, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chapter Mentoring Program
The mentoring program for PMI-Metrolina will provide an expert opinion concerning projects for working professionals, provide guidance for getting involved with PMI or PMI-Metrolina, and offer advice concerning marketable skills for project management domains. The mentor/mentee relationship will be a three to six month engagement requiring between ten and twenty hours per month from both volunteers. The engagement will be a one-to-one match and will follow specific guidelines to completion to meet the needs of the mentee.
One of the ways you can make a difference in the field of project management is through mentoring. Studies have shown that mentoring others with less experience not only improves their academic/work performance but also contributes to their overall well-being, and the well-being of the community. Members who receive mentoring are less likely to give up, quit their job, avoid pursuing a credential, and lose professional focus. Please let us know if you would like to mentor someone and make a difference in your community today by contacting email@example.com!
|James Akins||Tony Labarbera, PMP|
|Joshua Ayers, PMP||Sherin Lal, PMP|
|John Bakita||Michael Lee, PMP|
|Matthew Bernier, PMP||Natalie Long|
|Rafik Betabdishoo, PMP||Vanessa Lum, PMP|
|Joseph Bonansinga||Deborah Mcdonald, PMP|
|Daniel Bonfili||Brent Mcpherson|
|Katherine Bourdo||Anthony Melendez|
|Shelia Bruce||Gregg Miller, PMP|
|Claudia Cadavid, PMP||Steven Milligan, PMP|
|Bruce Cardos, PMP||Joshua Moore|
|Maurice Carter||Dallas Morris|
|Robert Clarkson, PMP||Krishna Muluguru|
|Thomas Corbett||Matty Mungillo|
|Lyron Crumes||Gary Newton|
|Dovona Cuthbertson||James O'Connor|
|Helen Davis, CAPM||Teressa Odham|
|Jori Davis||Francisco J. Pacheco|
|Caroline Dellinger||Stephanie Parrish-Chester, PMP|
|Phong Dinh, PMP||Dean Paul|
|Lowell Dye, PMP||Kevin Peterson, PMP|
|April Eaton||L Phillips, PMP|
|Earl Eddy, PMP||Joshua Raymond|
|John Eddy||Chris Ricchiuto|
|Montana Fackler, PMP||Freddy Rivera|
|Zach Fay||Christopher Schirm, PMP|
|Craig Foglesong, PMP||Sherry Shealy|
|Mark Fuqua, PMP||Brian Shook, PMP|
|Daniel Gore||Daniel Shumate|
|Stacie Green||Lora Smith|
|Leroy Greene||Angela Taylor|
|Brian Hanson||Deven Thaker, PMP|
|Jonathan Hazeley||Yung-An Tsao, PMP|
|David Henry||Geoffrey Watson|
|Curtis Jackson||Jennifer Willson, PMP|
|Beckton James||Eric Wilson|
|Jocelyn Jones||Peter Wittmann|
|William Bailey, PMP||Lukas Holub, CAPM|
|Felicia Bittle, PMI-ACP||Karen Moseley, PMP|
|Kristal Burgess, PMP||Stephanie Parrish-Chester, Cpa, PMP|
|Amanda Davis, CAPM||Srividhya Ramalingam, PMP|
|Helen Davis, CAPM||Frank Rubio, PMP|
|Carolyn Fagan, PMP||Amber Rumple, PMP|
|Joseph Gerace, PMP||Troy Smith, PMP|
|Cathleen Guidry, PMP||Janel Stricklin, PMP|
|Jennie Hale, PMP||Theresa Watley, PMP|